Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Visiting Mom Today....... not a great day for Tom and I......


Today was such a beautiful day. There was a nice breeze even though it was in the eighties.  I finished washing Mom's clothes, and I got together some of the photos of animals that I had taken at Kensington Park last weekend for Mom to enjoy. When showing the photos to Mom I usually share stories on each photo as though I am walking her through the steps that I had walked when I took the photos. I sometimes will add a little more excitement when telling each photo's story to see how excited she will get hearing each story. She will even ask questions regarding what I am saying about each photo. If you were any of my students when I was a teacher  you all would  know what I am talking about . Everyone that had been in my classrooms loved my stories, especially the ones when I used a flash light and turned off the lights.

This afternoon when we got in Mom's apartment she was in her bedroom, and she had her heat on. Tom quickly put the air-condition on, and she got excited how nice her place was feeling. Tom knew not to correct her on putting the heat on. One thing we all know is that you do not correct Mom. The day with her will go completely bad with so much anger.

This time when showing her the photos I had Tom tell stories about the photos while I looked for her dirty clothes in her closet, and placed her clean clothes in her dresser. Everything was going ok, but you could tell she could get herself in a crabby mood soon from the way she was talking to me.

I know how much she loves President Obama and his family so I got a photo for her with a little note from Michelle. Tom made the photo really personal with Mom's name on the photo. The only problem Mom was having was why she didn't open her mail and why did I.  I told her that I am old and did not have my glasses on and did not notice her name on the envelope.  Giving Mom that excuse made her furious. We tried to get her mind back to hanging her photos on the big wall, along with President Obama's Family. It worked for awhile, because she started telling her stories about each photo.

I thought it was almost getting time for her to have her light supper and take her down by the dining room. We  got her to go for a walk, and then sit outside to talk until it was time for her to eat.  I told her that everyone was telling us when we walked into the building today how hard she and Kathy worked on planting flowers around the building. I asked her if she could show me what she had done. She then asked me if I knew what flowers looked like, why would she have to show me. From that moment on everything went down hill.  She got very mean, and so negative with me. 


Mom and Sherry waiting  to get their light supper to eat. To tell you the truth many people were down their waiting. I figured out why most of them probably had come down early because they are lonely and looking forward to eating with each other.


This is Roger, and his bicycle. He kept asking us if we would like to get in the basket behind him and go for a ride. If I was a little younger I would of said yes.


He came back and asked us again to take us for a ride, and we all still said no.


Mom still loves her photos to be taken, if when she is in those crabby moods. She does have her sweet smile in this photo.

Walking around the American House, usually one of us is behind her to catch her if she falls.


Yes, here is Tank taking it easy like he usually does. This time if you notice, his one ear is standing up to get cooled off from the fan.


Here is the photo I had gotten for Mom. She was so surprised about the postcard, but upset that I had opened her mail. I could not tell her that it came to me and not to her. I guess it might have been a bad idea even giving it to her. Yes, you do notice she got her monthly People Magazine.  The next time we see her she will be telling us all the gossip with the movie stars.


She is still smiling and so happy that her girlfriend Michelle sent this to her.


This is the bowling game that most of the men love to play. It does look like a little fun but not using a bowling bowl, just controls.

When Bill see's my camera, he always smiles at me. He likes his photos taken along with Mom too. He has the controls that helps him to bowl. It's funny to watch because those controls make them think its a bowling ball that they are going to roll.


Here is  Sherry playing  the game. She loves this game too. I would love to see Lucy, my mom playing this game.

Here she  is in that mood thinking of something. I wish I knew where she is and what she is thinking. I am seeing her more and more in this mood. It makes me cry to see her drifting away from me.
Some of the flowers I think she helped plant, but I was afraid to ask her.  Seeing she already told me don't I know what flowers are.
One of the men she knows just walked outside and said hello to her. Lucy is such a little flirt. Look at that smile, and she even got up to give him a big hug. I am hoping that she does this to all the men there because she misses my Dad.

Renee who is one of the ladies who is in charge of American House Fun Trips asked me if I could go to one of the outings in July and help them on a picnic. She said everyone likes me, and they would love to hear I was going. The only one that was not too happy was my mom. She saw that I was getting special time with Renee and Kathy and she was not. Even though we kept trying to put her in the conversation, it still did not help.

After our walk and  seeing all the pretty flowers it was time for Mom to have her light supper. Sherry called her to come and sit with her, and Mom replied why would she stand and eat that you are suppose to sit to eat. We kissed and said goodbye, and then I told Renee that Tom will be helping on the field trip too. Tom is such a cool guy, and he always is there for Mom and for me. Maybe on Thursday on our next visit Mom will be smiling again and loving life. I think she will........I will pray.........

I did forget to write that American House lost a family member today. They had four Dorothy's and one left them to go to Heaven. Her son kept coming down with her things and packing them in his truck. My heart was hurting for him and her family. I did noticed each time he came down, he had a sweet smile. His smile looked peaceful, and maybe it was the best for Dorothy and for his family for Dorothy to be and angel now in peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment