Monday, August 6, 2012

Lots of Activity in the Lounge!

It was such a beautiful Monday afternoon to visit Mom. The weather was just right, and the sun was out smiling to everyone. We took Mom's wash and a fresh fruit salad for her. I was going to make her a sandwich, but Greg said half of it was still in the icebox. When we got to her apartment, television was on full blast. Mom is not the only one that has their television on full blast, if you walk down any halls there you hear a lot of televisions. Mom had her door locked and a chair up to her door, and we know when she does that she wants to be alone. I gave my usual knock on the door and she knows its me from my funny knock. She was glad to see us, and starting talking about this and that, but nothing seemed to make sense to us. Tom and I did our usual things that we check on but today Mom seemed to be following us and questioning why we were doing that and this. It was making her feel that she was not in control, so Tom and I stopped it quickly. Tom noticed a big blob of melted chocolate all over her one sock. I pointed it to her and she was mad that I had to see that this happened to her. I did not make a big thing of it, even though it was on her bedspread and other places we found melted chocolate.

Soon it was getting ready for her to have her early dinner. I suggested that we should go down and that I needed her to help me put some photos in the book that I had made for everyone. She thought it was a great idea. We take the stairs trying to make Mom learn how to get downstairs, but this time she said to me you don't know how to get downstairs do you? I replied thats why your with me. She smiled as she walked down with us.

When we got downstairs to the main area where everyone hangs out, my Mom told me in Armenian, "Do not talk to anyone." Why? I still don't understand. Tom began to put photos in the book and Mom started getting mushy with kisses and hugs. She loves certain people down there a lot, but then are others she has nothing to do with them. One gal was having a bad day, yelling and stamping her feet but know one said anything. A couple of the helpers asked if there was anything they could do to help her, and the gal got on the elevator and started yelling and went up to her floor. I guess even the Oldies and Goodies have bad days.

 This man does not talk but when he sees the camera he smiles...

This lady told me that she will not look at the book because there is not one photo of her. So I took two photos with her and Nick who is the chef.

Mom Spotted this Black Doctor, and she went to give him a hug, and she told him she will be on person here who he will not have to take care of.

 All the ladies love Tom having them sit next to them. One lady keeps telling me I better watch him.

 Cathy with Mom and Carmella. Cathy is unbelievable . She is an Angel there helping everyone
.
 The Dot Girls with Renee.. If you see one Dot you will see the other one.

 Mom is always touching and holding everyones hands. She is a big kisser and hugger too.

Carl loves his photos taken. He also loves taking cruises around the couch with his motor wheel chair. Everyone will say Carl is doing some CRUSING....

This lady asked for me to take her photo and she stood up from her walker and gave me this wonderful smile.

These two ladies are real loners. They sit together away from everyone and when you say hello, they just look at you.

This lady her name is Melba, and such a funny lady. She told me that she had to fix her wig before I took her photo. Later on she got up and Mom wanted to help her. In a nice way she told Mom that she is not hopeless or helpless yet but, when she is she will call for Miss Lucy.

This lady has a great sense of humor. She wobbled in and told us all that she finally got out of the cage upstairs.

 Here is Mom helping Chad go to the dinning room.

This man wanted his photo taken as we were walking out, because it would be a birthday gift for himself. Yesterday was his birthday.


We all had fun watching Mom helping this person and that person. Today we did not give her any butterfly kisses when we were ready to leave. We saw her get up and help Chad to the dinning room. We said goodbye, but she did not hear us, she was too busy being happy in helping someone today.



No comments:

Post a Comment