Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Fourth of July Evening with Mom....

After we had dinner, Tom, Kristofer and I decided to take a plate for Mom. We wanted to spend the evening with her, and to check up on her. When we got to the third floor and knocked on her door. We heard her take the chair from the locked door. Lately, Mom has been putting a chair up in front of her door. I think the reason she is doing this is she thinks people will not come in and bother her. Mom likes to be in control of everything. She does not realize that they have keys to check on her.

Her apartment was very hot, and not one light was on. It was scary for me to see this, and Mom seemed very uptight. Mom kept telling us that there were lots of kids bothering her today. She also said she almost put a sign up on her door FOR SALE! I kept telling her that she must have had a bad dreamt since kids do not live her in the big house. Mom would not believe me , Tom or Kristofer.


Mom loves her corn. I can remember when I was growing up we always had fresh corn every day during the summer.


Here's the new vase Mom made out of her lamp......She was very proud of her new idea.


A closer look how she put the flowers in the lamp. She thought in her little way it would be such a beautiful vase and lamp all in one.

 Here' what the lamp looks like at night without the pretty, silk flowers. Our son Kristofer got her mind off of what I was doing and I took the silk flowers and put them in a vase.

Mom enjoying her July 4th dinner of spareribs. Kept saying everything was delicious.

We stayed with Mom for several hours and we put the Tigers Game on before leaving. She loves her sports. We told her to wave at us from her living room window, when we got down to the parking lot. We thought she would forget to do that by the time we down there.   Yes.... she was waving and throwing kisses from her window.  That made the 3 of us feel even better, as we were leaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment