Monday, September 10, 2012

Beautiful Day... Grumpy Mom!.....

It was a very busy Monday for us, but we did find time to go and spend some afternoon time with Mom. We brought her a plate of lots of delicious Armenian Food that we made, and got her a couple of jogging pants for her too. I saw these pants that had pockets and it ties around the waist which will be easy for Mom to put on with out any help.

When we got on the elevator and the door opened and we saw Mom sitting in the lobby. We waved at her and usually she will get up and get so excited to see us. Today.. oh..my.... mom saw us and turned her head while she said a few words which he could not make out. We closed the door to the elevator and went to her apartment to put her clean clothes away and warm up her food that we brought. I also had some time to check around her place for dirty clothes. After we accomplished what we did we went downstairs to have her come up and see the food and the pants we brought for her.

When we approached her and she told us to go home, and she is too busy to talk to us. She is a teacher and does not have any time. Everyone told her to go with us, and when Nick said it she got up and made Nick come too. Nick left once we got to her apartment.  I thought it was so nice of Nick. He is always so nice to Mom and everyone there. He has this warm smile and very gentle, caring voice about him.
 Mom did not want anything to do with us...
Mom just sat there and did not eat or talk to us.


I tried showing Mom the pants I got her and she did not seem interested.  She said she was going to cut the legs off the pants, because that is the way they are supposed to be. While Tom made her coffee and warmed her food up she was messing around with the air conditioner.  She wanted it to be off when it was on, and on when it was off.  She pulled the plug on the cable box to see if it would get the AC to do what she wanted.  Tom had to get her diverted away from that and over to the table to eat.  She had a couple of sips of coffee, and then ignored us. Once in awhile, she would talk about how blessed she was in getting this big house she lives in. She continued to say horrible things to Tom and I. We noticed she spilled nail polish all over her carpet. We told Cathy and she said not to worry about it when she saw it on the rug.

Mom told us to leave and that she did not need us or anyone else. We left, with all the cloths I brought her, while Cathy was in there trying to settle her down. Cathy said Mom gets in these moods but as the day goes she seems to get herself out of the grumpy stuff. We said goodbye and closed the door. Mom is going farther away from me...I wish I could keep her like she was, my sweet, loving, caring, fun, talented, self assured Mom....

No comments:

Post a Comment